Top 10 Reasons to Choose SU for Psychology
Students examining the brain structures in class.
- Our small student-to-faculty ratio allows for close, mentoring student-faculty relationships and a personalized education.
- Our program offers students a comprehensive education that provides a solid grounding in and understanding of psychology.
- Our classes seek to bring the material to life by encouraging students to personalize knowledge by making the material relevant to their own experiences.
- Our students can earn course credit for real-world experiences in professional settings like a rehabilitative center for neurological disorders and residential treatment for children with autism.
- Our students can work alongside faculty members on research projects. This unique opportunity allows students to be involved in the entire process of conducting a research project and has the potential to lead to presentation of findings in a professional forum.
- The Psychology Club offers students a chance to explore areas of psychology outside the classroom. Meetings generally include guest speakers, volunteer work in the community, and a chance for students to interact with SU alumni.
- SU is proud to have an active chapter of Psi Chi, the international honor society in psychology. The chapter recognizes outstanding psychology majors and minors.
- Our faculty is dedicated to assisting students inside and outside the classroom. They maintain an open-door policy to advise students on major requirements, course work and career planning.
- The variety of courses and flexibility of the program allow students to tailor their studies to their personal interests and goals; with various classes and practical experiences, many different paths are possible.
- An active campus gives students a well-rounded college experience. Students can take advantage of many different opportunities, including student organizations, world-class conservatory performances and international travel.